Post  SHAFIEK'O on Wed 6 Jun - 16:33

NAASIF'S A GREAT SPORT MAN, GAME FOR ANYTHING
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 2 Suggestions

Post  naasifb on Wed 6 Jun - 16:33

Hahahahahaaaa good one there bru...... but we wana attract ppl to the club not scare them away lol Very Happy
naasifb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Wed 6 Jun - 22:49

lol! lol! lol! lol!

I dig your avatar Naasif, looking schweeeet!!! cheers
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JEROSPEED on Wed 6 Jun - 22:58

Hi all ! So its seems da storms here and we not racin tommorrow ! Bummer!!! I think it'll clear by the weekend . No
JEROSPEED
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Wed 6 Jun - 23:10

So when we racing boys
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Wed 6 Jun - 23:16

Not sure bud.....lets see how the weather is tomorrow pm and make a call then.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JEROSPEED on Wed 6 Jun - 23:36

Shaf! SHHHHhhhhhhht! 101 's busy Spannerin!!!! lol!
JEROSPEED
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Wed 6 Jun - 23:41

Nooit bru.....spannering is for Sam.

My TB is ready for action.

lol! lol! lol!

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JEROSPEED on Wed 6 Jun - 23:44

Lmao!! Is dat why his so quiet!!! lol!
JEROSPEED
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Thu 7 Jun - 1:07

My TT GT is going to whip that TB's assssssss!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm going to be super quite from now on during the day Sad .......I've been transferred to a contract in Brackenfoul!!!!!!!! Suspect
My "spannering" techniques are needed there unfortunately, plenty shit to sort out and goodness knows for how long????? No No
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsgraphix on Thu 7 Jun - 18:17

Hi guys check this site out they run lmp and f1s in the same series awesome

http://www.uf1series.com/rules.html
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsgraphix on Thu 7 Jun - 18:19

They also run f1 in rain or shine it never gets cancelled Hectic Shocked

Look at the rules!
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Thu 7 Jun - 19:05

Interesting
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Thu 7 Jun - 20:24

Thats got me thinking

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FF03

Post  duck.co.za on Fri 8 Jun - 21:40

Regarding the new FF03 championship next season .

So we are dropping Porsche Cup ( just another stock class ) to introduce FF03 with a STOCK motors , is this not just another STOCK class ??? Does that make any sense ?????

Can we not consider using the 23T motors from proGT ???? that way we could include brushless ???

I'm prepared to give any driver who can't afford a motor ( 23T brushed ) , one for FREE ( well I have at least three good ones maybe more , and I think Paul has a few ) Yes you still need an upgraded ESC , but that easy to change from car to car ?

My FF03 with a 17,5T brushless motor ( on stock settings ) is no rocketship , with a stock motor it's going to be K_K slow !!!!!!!!
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Sat 9 Jun - 7:14

ja, its freeking 4am in the morninga and I couldnt resist so I purchased my FF03online instead of getting a local secondhand one. I was on the verge of buying it yest but changed my mind. so its it will be in the post soon bounce bounce bounce bounce

@ Dave: PRCCC runs the ff03 class with johnson motors and 14t brushless. But all drivers must change over to 14t brushless by mid year. But the guys who are currently running 540j are not slow and the cars are not slow, the racing is so close and looks like a load of fun.
For TRCCC's type of track layouts and situation, I think anything more than a 540j in a FF03 will start becoming expensive. I think its a good starting point for the new class and then after the first season then maybe the committee can make it up to the drivers to decide if they want to keep it at 540j or maybe change it. Question
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Sat 9 Jun - 10:42

Good call,

What if we also think about the 14t system, making the car legal for both clubs???

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sat 9 Jun - 14:38

14T ??? tell us more

Where do they get 14T from ? Is it some sooper expensive Tamiya thing ???
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sat 9 Jun - 16:30

You hit the nail right on the head duck!!!! affraid
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sat 9 Jun - 17:01

And didn't I just see that coming !!!!!!!!

Can we not consider a Brushless equivalent ?? Sammy how does this 21,5T motor compare ?

Really guys I understand it's a cost thing , but Brushed motors are from the arc ??? And if FF03 is running with F1 there will be set ups from other classes available .

If we spec a motor guys could use ESC from Mini's or proGT ??
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sun 10 Jun - 1:39

duck.co.za wrote: Sammy how does this 21,5T motor compare ?

MMCRC did extensive testing with it the whole year last year in CS to find a happy medium where it could compete competitively against the silvercan. It faired much better than they thought and had to limit the 21.5 to a 54mm rollout so it didn't run away from the silvercan. Mention must be made though that this limit is mmcrc specific for their track design. So in essence it is proven to be faster than the silvercan. MMCRC is not a long track but it is a flowing track, not point and squirt like most of our designs, their average for CS is 17sec.

Here are some links with discussions on the 21.5t motor....

http://chat.mmcrc.co.za/index.php?topic=3255.0
http://www.sarda.org.za/forum.asp?Action=Show&ForumID=2&Tip=ShowTopic&ID=5954
http://drccc.forumotion.com/t119-215t-brushless-system

And our own heated debate, even though some posts have been edited......
http://www.oneten.co.za/showthread.php?10088-Club-stock-TT-stock-motors

BL is definately the way to go duck, but even though I don't have an FF or intend buying one in the near future I tend to agree with going the silvercan route to start off with. Who knows, maybe after two races ya'll say no it's kak slow and decide to pop in the mini or pro gt system anyway??? But with silvercans geared at 50mm+ rollouts I doubt those FFs are going to be slow!!

Another thought, if it does go brushless but say with a 21.5 motor, even with the sarda fwd 13.5 motor, you can still use the bl esc from mini or gt to power the motor for the FF, thus only having to purchase a motor for +- R500.

Anyway, brushless is best and it'll always get my vote, but you have to start somewhere, and, majority rules........
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sun 10 Jun - 11:25

I'm just lothed to go and change my chassis , so that I can change it back to brushless in two races time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have brushed and brushless together in other classes , can't we agree on an equivalent ??

Tell us more about the SARDA 13,5T class ?
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sun 10 Jun - 11:42

He has personally used the 21.5t bl motor and ran out of pinions to gear it right, they need a 60 - 64mm rollout to be at peak performance, this then is waaaaay higher than you can gear a silver can, so it is going to run away from the silver cans cause its achieving 10 - 15mm extra per revolution, bear also in mind that the bl motors run at muuuuuuch higher rpms than a brushed motor. The older chaps will remember this happened in SS and 19t when bl was introduced a few years ago.

Razzor suggests using a 17.5t motor with a club spec esc or a esc with sportman mode, with no turbos or software upgrades switched on, the reasoning behind this is, you cannot gear the 17.5t motor so long, it uses roughly the same rollout as the silvercan does, hence they will both have a similar speed. This is in theory, so testing will need to be done on your track to see if it's actually a reality situation.

Sammy , taken from one of the threads above !! VERY interesting
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sun 10 Jun - 12:07

duck.co.za wrote:I'm just lothed to go and change my chassis , so that I can change it back to brushless in two races time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have brushed and brushless together in other classes , can't we agree on an equivalent ??

Tell us more about the SARDA 13,5T class ?

Sometimes going backward to go forward is necessary?? Rolling Eyes drunken

What is that equivalent?? It took mmcrc 1 year to find a consistent equivalent......where do we start?? You could put it down with a 40mm rollout in the first heat and see what the result is, from there you will either have to go up or down a few teeth and try again and see what the result is.....this will continue until everybody is happy, and not just for one event, consistently happy over a few events, then a max rollout will have to be set. Then those that haven't converted to bl will have to remain happy with the results from the bl runners, bearing in mind that the gearing/rollout will still open to adjustments for the silvercans. Lots of variables to consider.

Sarda runs a spec team wave RB0 13.5t system in their fwd class, ALL the different chassis have set rollouts which are scrutinised after EVERY race, this is because all the different chassis used have different internal ratios. Here's a link to the system that is used...
http://topracingsa.co.za/product.php?id_product=4667

Here's their rules for 13.5t fwd......

9.9 FWD 13.5 Touring Specifications

9.9.1 Body: HPI Celica GT 190mm
(see Annexure 1 for preferred supplier/s)
9.9.2 Electronic Speed Controller: Brushless Electronic Speed Control with no Turbo/Timing Function and to be approved by SARDA and supplied by preferred supplier. (see Annexure 1 for preferred supplier/s & equipment)
9.9.3 Motor: 13.5 brushless motor approved by SARDA with no timing function and to be supplied by preferred supplier. (see Annexure 1 for preferred supplier/s & equipment)
9.9.4 Tyres: Solaris Hard Compound Rubber Tyres, 1x set to be used for entire National event duration and to be supplied by preferred supplier at an approved SARDA cost. (see Annexure 1 for preferred supplier/s)
9.9.5 Battery: Any battery may be used from the SARDA approved battery list.
9.9.6 Drive ratio
See Annexure 1 and rule 9.2.2

9.2.2 Any FWD chassis is allowed according to the specifications in FWD 13.5 Touring however, it must be submitted to SARDA committee for drive ratio specifications approval.

Annexure 1

1. FWD 13.5 Touring
1.1 Drive Ratio
 Tamiya FF03/FF03 Pro - only a 48T pinion, 89T spur gear, standard idler gear and standard counter gear will be permitted.
 Top Sabre – only a 24T pinion, 37T spur gear and standard counter will be permitted.
 Tamiya FF02 - only a 24T pinion, standard counter & standard spur gear will be permitted
 3 Racing Sakura FF - only a 22T pinion, 40T spur gear, standard idler gear and standard counter gear will be permitted
 Any other chassis - see Rule 9.2.2

1.2 Preferred Supplier/s
a. Bodies – SARDA Approved HPI Celica GT 190mm - available on order from any local hobby shop or B&B Importers (Tel: 011 794 5253) www.bbimporters.co.za/ . Available from January 2011

b. Electronic Speed Control – SARDA Approved Team Wave RB0 Stock Spec ESC – available on order from any local hobby shop or Magcar Trading (www.topracingsa.co.za). Available from January 2011

c. 13.5 Turn Brushless Motor – SARDA Approved Team Wave Stock Spec 13.5 Turn Brushless motor - available on order from any local hobby shop or Magcar Trading (www.topracingsa.co.za). Available from January 2011

d. Tyres - Solaris Hard Compound Rubber Tyres - available on order from any local hobby shop or Magcar Trading (www.topracingsa.co.za).

Additions to Annexure 1 will be added as and when required after a dually constituted SARDA ORE Committee meeting.

I hope this helps. Very Happy
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5