Season 2 Suggestions

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Season 2 Suggestions

Post  duck.co.za on Sat 2 Jun - 14:55

skillz wrote:Howzit Guys!

My 2 cents:

I personally think - to many changes, too soon!

I dont agree of the idea of droping the "onemake" series! It put everyone on a equal playing field and it looks awesome on the track and promotes closer racing and the hype of getting your body ready for the new season and concourse and all that is awesome. why not try in then with another chassi? maybe the 2wd mini: m03/m05 "one make" Series?

To do a F103gt\lmp class will be the same or even worse than keeping our current ProMini class running - in terms of entries. Our current Promini class is loads of fun and is a step up from 2wd mini (which is seen as the starting point when racing mini's). F103 parts are hard to get like matt said. I know pro mini has not really been well supported but hey, if u look at all the classes, all have dropped tremendously in numbers.

I thought the idea of combining gt and progt into one class would be a better option in terms of making space for a "FF03 only class". Lets all face the fact: and that is : our track designs and even at protea does not do it justice for a 13.5 brushless system in a touring car. you will never get to use the full potential of the system. For example: last night with my promini, i couldnt even go full taps down the straight, it was not long enough and that is only a mini chassi with a sport tuned motor\17.5 bl. Not even gt class (23t) does one get the full potential of the car and the motor.

We opened up gt to any chassi (including cf chassi) but now want to go back to plastic only ?

Just be carefull not to change too many things too quickly and dont change what is and has been working for the club.

Matt also just bought a promini just like mike just bought a f1...so now we saying: tough luck - class is canned?

Good post bounce bounce bounce

Primarily we need to find a space for FF03 ??? The way I see it , we are changing to much at once ???

There is a following for FF03 more so at this stage than LMP ( rearwheel drive ) ?? am I correct ??

If members have just bought chassis and then the class is stopped , that's a bit unfair ? Those competitors should at least be accomodated for a 6 month series ?

So here's my suggestion

If members want to drop Porsche Cup then that's where FF03 should be accomodated .

I think proGT and GT should/could be combined and FF03 accomodated on this night ( then the 17,5T/23T brushed motors from GT could be used in the FF03 , making it a brushless class ) . This way we keep Porsche cup ???

Should we not be creating a rule about numbers of competitors in a class ?? What is the minimum number of drivers to make it worth while ? ( taking into account marshalling for the other class ?? ) If we say 8 drivers , then it is the drivers themselves who must motivate and make sure there are enough competitors in the class ? If there are say X number of nights racing with less than 8 competitors then the class stands a chance of being canned at the next 6 month series end ?

As for LMP " rear wheeldrive " I'm all for it , but I think we need to think it through a bit ? Maybe some testing ? And just get an idea of how many members are keen and how many actually have useable chassis ?
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Sat 2 Jun - 16:44

No we talking....I like this progress.

You see, we have to get support for the classes. As a club to run a championship and give out medals and do trophies at the end for....well...lets say 4 guys, is not really worth it.

So, what Nev has mentioned makes perfect sense as long as we get support. What we discussed the other night, and I would like to stress this again, was no ones individual ideas, the first post here was barely the "minutes of the meeting" so to speak.

This is my personal view:

-Stocks must never be touched, this works well and brings in good support and allows a platform for newbies.

-2wd Mini should also remain as is. Me personally, I would make it "Mini Bodies Only" . But hey...no train smash if not.

-Pro Mini, mmmm, this needs better support, BIG TIME. Its a great class, however...lets be real and look at the numbers.

Last time out:

Nev, Hamish, Ty, Arshad, Faiz.

Overall Drivers for season 1:

Neville
Tyron
Hamish
Arshad
Abdul
Faeez
Naasif
Matt

Average Entries over all 5 races: 5

Out of the top overall drivers, the following may happen:

Nev - is cutting back on racing and will make it when he can.
Ty - I can carry on, however my work may interfere with my commitment to this class.
Hamish - He will race
Arshad - Selling ?
Abdul - Selling ?
Naasif - Sold / Selling ?
Faiz - Selling ?
Matt - He will race.

Others owning cars: Kev ??/ Duck ??

So Pro Mini will probably continue with an average of 3 - 4 drivers at each event. This is what we need to decide. Is it worth it? Do we carry on?

-GT, I would open this up to any 4wd Touring chassis allowing pro chassis in.

- Pro GT, leave as is. There's seems to be good support lately.

-F1, leave as is, however I did hear a few guys say they are selling. We will have to confirm numbers.

-PSC, This is getting support. Just a few guys mentioned its just another stock event. We got to see who is going to still race in it.

Let us see the time for the next few GT events, and see if it can be combined, opening a gap for FF. As originally suggested.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sat 2 Jun - 18:32

All my Mini's and Pauls are gone !!!

What is your motivation to open up GT to any chassis ? Are you thinking 17,5T brushless will be as quick as 13,5T around our track ? So further down the line we can stop ProGT ?

How many FF03 drivers do we have ? I'm sure I could bend Pauls arm to get one !!!
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Sat 2 Jun - 19:29

I have a strong feeling the times may be close in GT and Pro GT.

But more importantly, I think GT should now start catering for Pro Chassis as most members are now going that route. This then takes away the plastic tub rule. If club stock has been open to all chassis and has been working, then I don't see why GT couldn't do as well. It give members more opportunities.

Also RE numbers for an event:
Its a gentleman's club rule since the start, that if we don't have more than 3 entries for a class, meaning minimum 4 drivers, the race will be cancelled.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Sat 2 Jun - 21:01

So far for FF Class:

Ty
Abdul
Arshad
Riaan - using FF02
Nev - Using Xevo if possible
Duck

Thinking of it:

Matt
Naasif
Faiz
Sam
Shafiek

So it looks good....I think?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sat 2 Jun - 21:28

I think depending on the night you decide to run FF03 , you can add Paul to that list ? ( he would be in on GT or F1 night )

And how many do we have for F103GT ( rear wheel drive ) ? ( Paul doesn't have a chassis )
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Sun 3 Jun - 14:50

I dont think anyone has a 103gt or a converted F1.

And...I am not sure if anyone has the interest to do it?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sun 3 Jun - 15:10

driver 101 wrote:I dont think anyone has a 103gt or a converted F1.

Hello !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so where did this idea come from ????? What is all the fuss about ?????

Then it's simple find a space for FF03 and we are on our way ????
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sun 3 Jun - 15:11

Hey Sammy does that Blackberry thingy not work on weekends ??? where are your comments ???
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Sun 3 Jun - 16:43

duck.co.za wrote:
driver 101 wrote:I dont think anyone has a 103gt or a converted F1.

Hello !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so where did this idea come from ????? What is all the fuss about ?????

Then it's simple find a space for FF03 and we are on our way ????

Well...somewhere here you guys got carried away with converting F1's to bring back the 103GT class, and then before we new it was being suggested that we try, either run it with F1's or a class on its own.

However....I don't think everyone is buying into the idea.

??? think at the next event we all need to chat again.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sun 3 Jun - 16:57

I had nothing to do with it Laughing Laughing Read your first post , I just got caught up in hype silent

Worth pursuing , but a bit of testing is needed and members who are keen need to be counted bounce bounce
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sun 3 Jun - 16:59

Ah Sammy " anybody out there " Laughing Laughing
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Sun 3 Jun - 18:44

duck.co.za wrote:Worth pursuing , but a bit of testing is needed and members who are keen need to be counted bounce bounce

Absolutely...you know TRCCC bud, when there's an interest in a potential class, we will always give it a go if it has support.

Cool

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JEROSPEED on Sun 3 Jun - 20:22

Hahahahahaa ! Tai I think all dis chitta chatta has some guys interested in sum racin again ! My thoughts are leave everythin as is and just scrap pro mini s and replace it wit FF runnin johnsons , it will be easier for da members . And should F1 have a weak showin den we scrap it . Its up to those members to keep that class goin . Ps I think Sams spanerin lmao !
JEROSPEED
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sun 3 Jun - 21:22

JEROSPEED wrote:Hahahahahaa ! Tai I think all dis chitta chatta has some guys interested in sum racin again ! My thoughts are leave everythin as is and just scrap pro mini s and replace it wit FF runnin johnsons , it will be easier for da members . And should F1 have a weak showin den we scrap it . Its up to those members to keep that class goin . Ps I think Sams spanerin lmao !

Not sure scrapping ProMini is fair if a member has just bought a chassis ?

I agree it's up to the guys racing a certain series to make sure they have the number and to motivate guys who have stopped coming ( like Paul and I Very Happy )
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Mon 4 Jun - 1:37

duck.co.za wrote:Ah Sammy " anybody out there " Laughing Laughing

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Yoh, I'm off line for 2 days and this forum goes balistic???? Maybe I should stay offline more often, that seems to be the way to get some discussions going around here cause it's usually quiet????

After reading all this and my understanding coming from the other nites post race discussion was the following:

1. Keep stocks nite as is, just limit TT gearing to make for closer racing.
2. Alot of guys are selling 4wd minis so class will probably dwindle creating gap for fwd class.
3. A few guys selling F1's, class will also dwindle unless duck, kev and paul return to keep it alive. Also hence the thought to convert F1's to gt's.
4. Leave gt nite as is as there are alot of guys who have bought and ordered pro chassis for pro gt, also to leave gt as tub chassis', that way creating enough of a lap time difference between both classes.
5. Drop psc as it's another stock class, and by limiting stock tt to same geaing, why have two classes the same.

These were points raised by the current active members, why the great debate about changing so much so soon???? They're the ones doing the "ACTIVE" racing......

Anyway, whatever gets decided I'll be there with my few chassis and going balls to the walls week in and week out!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Mon 4 Jun - 2:13

Yo Sam, Yo Ty,
Team thorpe has also been discussing what's happening on the forums, and they happy with what ever is good for club,
I think GT should be changed to any chassis, cause we are racing at night and its a bit hard on a plastic tub,
Hey but there's always Pro GT hey, LoL

All this talking's got me feeling racey lol
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JEROSPEED on Mon 4 Jun - 3:13

Hell yeah those classes are dwindellin ! Its no use keepin those classes if da guys racin it don't show . I'm one of those members sellin my 4wd mini . We can evaluate psche cup wen we drive it to see da interest . And I agree the active memebers racin these diff classes should decide .
JEROSPEED
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Mon 4 Jun - 10:05

Yip Sam.

This forum is alive boet....keep it coming guys

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Mon 4 Jun - 11:33

Ooops I need to be active to chirp here Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Mon 4 Jun - 11:34

cheers cheers cheers cheers pirat
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Mon 4 Jun - 11:42

May I ask who all the F1 drivers are ?

OK Kev , Paul and myself will be at F1 next week . Who else hasn't been around ?
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Mon 4 Jun - 12:06

Greame.....
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Mon 4 Jun - 12:12

Kev was going to give him a call , but he doesn't think there is much chance
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Mon 4 Jun - 12:15

Last time out the F1 drivers were:

Matt - He will continue
Nev - Race when he can
Kev - Race when he can
Abdul - Selling I think
Naasif - Selling I think
Faeez - ????
Arshad - Selling I think

So we can keep going with:

Matt
Nev
Kev
Duck
Paul
Mike is joining

Everyone on the above list may not make every event except for Matt, who is racing every night.

So we are looking at an average of...maybe....3 guys?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next