Stocks Race 1 race Report

Go down

Stocks Race 1 race Report

Post  driver 101 on Fri 13 Jul - 14:39

What a start to season 2.

I cannot believe the level of skill of the drivers, all of a sudden, the so called “newbie racers” are no longer classed as beginners. We have now opened a new era of competition. All members are now becoming so good that it seriously anyone’s guess as to who takes the top spot. Last night again proved that no matter where we race, we always seem to produce a high level of classy racing.

Last night was bitterly cold with showers throughout the day; this forced the decision to race at the warehouse again, now dubbed the “War House”. Eleven entries for each class took the race format to 4 heats, so the night was set, and the racing began.

Grip seemed again to be the major issue for most drivers; during the heat races it became obvious that tire choice was the order of the day. Some preferred the traditional tight grippy style while others enjoyed taking the drifting route around the track.

B Final TT

What a great race to watch, Matt absolutely dominated, he checked out and owned the race from start to finish, once again improving week by week, well done. Behind we had a great on track battle, Faeez was being pressured by Tristan, who was on track for the first time competing. They changed position lap after lap, both of them carried good speed, in the end Faeez came home in second just ahead of Trist. Naasif battled for grip the whole night, he struggled home in fourth. Jonno was out again to get in some good track time, doing well, unfortunately no time were recorded for him.

Results:
1-Matt-20-15.858
2- Faeez-18-16.750
3-Tristan-18-16.220
4-Naasif-16-17.350
5-Johnno-0-NO TIME-0.000

A Final TT

Another huge dog fight of a race, Riaan drove with style. He challenged Nev for the lead right off the mark, finding a way past and checking out. This left Nev and Hamish to fight each other, as the race went on Arshad drove himself into contention, getting past the hard fought battle between Hamish and Nev. Arshad then tried his best to chase the leader Riaan. Abdul was holding on as best he could, drifting around the turns like a true veteran. Shafiek raced well despite a few spin out that dropped him back. Arshad had no answer for Riaan’s pace and settled for second. Well done to Riaan for very good drive to the flag. Neville hung onto third. Hamish’s car was sounding like a sick cat towards the end of the race, but managed to limp home in fourth.

Results:
1-Riaan-19-15.610
2-Arshad-19-15.260
3-Neville-19-15.620
4-Hamish -18-16.210
5-Abdul-18-16.100
6-Shafiek-16-16.160

B Final Club Stock:

Sam made a fantastic start, taking the lead and stamping he new found pace on the competition. He checked out and drove a consistent drive to the flag, winning with room to spare. Shafiek drove well, improving big time on his TT result, beating Matt to the line. Matt again drove another smooth race, clocking in some good times. Faeez and Naasif were looking for gip, slipping and slidding their way around the track.

Results:
1-Dion-21-15.690
2-Shafiek-20-16.890
3-Matt-19-17.660
4-Faeez-19-17.080
5-Naasif-19-17.540

A Final Club Stock:

This had to have been the race of the night, what a fantastic battle between all the drivers. Being in the race myself, all I could see was Arshad making a break upfront. I fell back to stone last after a mistake on the first lap. Riaan held onto second until making a few mistakes. Abdul was still looking to slide and drift his way around the slippery track. Neville had serious grip issues. I tried hard to regroup and found a rhythm to fight back. Eventually making it back to second I gained on Arshad, this is when it got intense. With only a few laps to go Arshad and myself went head to head for a few laps, I got in front starting the last lap, but Arshad was having none of it , he came right back on the inside, leaving me to push hard. On the last turn I made a move for the inside that didn’t come off, the car slide sideways into the battens as Arshad went on to win, all this time Hamish made up some ground and snuck in on the last turn as my car was up against the battens. What a race, one of the best yet again. Well done to Arshad, brilliant drive.

Results:
1-Arshad-22-15.270
2-Hamish-22-15.700
3-Ty-22-15.570
4-riaan-22-15.530
5-Abdul-20-16.540
6-Neville-20-16.510

Thanks to everyone for the good race evening.
This can only get better, well done to all the winners and to Trist for a very good start to RC racing.
See you at the next one

cheers cheers cheers

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stocks Race 1 race Report

Post  Quickie on Fri 13 Jul - 18:10

Duuuudes that was a flipn awesome night! Thanks to all that visited too i saw about 8 possible racers and that excludes saghwee and cresy! We wish Shagmans gran all the best and hope to see the new 8 also come race, will be incredible seeing a 10 car grid bounce

Well done to team thorp or t.o.p. or whatever name, always great competitive driving!

Thousand apologies must go out to Shafy! Arrie and I made a Shafy sandwich as we came outv the last hairpin. I couldn't drive any tighter bru the Sakura ravaged those poor tyres too much they just couldn't anymore. Was great fun tho! Cant wait to see the video Jero took lol!

Quickie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 13 Jul - 19:51

I know I can, I know I can!!! Laughing Awesome stuff yet again!! Well done to everybody!!
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Fri 13 Jul - 19:53

lol!
NO STRESS HUDSON
I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN A'S
I VAGUELY REMEMBER TY CALLING ME AND TELLING ME "YAY WAT MAAK JY IN A'S GAT B'S TOE"
LOL BUT IT WAS ALL GOOD
GREAT RACING
lol! lol! lol! lol!
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Sun 15 Jul - 3:47

Thanks to all for a AWESOME evening! Very Happy

Well done to Arshad, Riaan, Hamish, Ty, Sam and Matt who drove very well and had some good dices with.

Well done to Shafiek who made A mains for tt and to Christain for a brilliant drive and taking 3rd place! Keep it up! Very Happy

Thanks to matt for orgainising the warehouse again and to TRCCC committee for another awesome event!

See you guys on Tuesday for mini's.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down