Marketing the Club

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marketing the Club

Post  driver 101 on Fri 21 Sep - 15:46

Hullo Guys,

Ok, to the point......last night GT/Pro GT was only attended by 3 members. No racing happened. Not enough okes to run a points race.

I am guilty I know, of not attending, but I have explained my situation more than once.

So since the move away from Steenberg to Protea we must admit, things are not the same. We have new guys on the committee now, and the running's of the club has changed. Hamish and Sam are doing what they can and are there every meeting.

So......whats wrong? We don't want to see this club die out, too much history and effort has been put in by all along the way.

We have to regroup and find a way to get this club popular and to see full grids.

Can we please all participate on this thread and raise certain issues that you think is holding the club back, or what can we all do to gain more support.

I for one suggest having a few race days on the weekends (Saturdays), flyers printed and handed out. Matt has done an awesome banner which has had an effect already.

Comes okes......ideas, whats wrong here? Lets hear it?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marketing the Club

Post  mattsgraphix on Fri 21 Sep - 16:04

Hi Ty

Good point! I think we all need to work and encourage new guys to join trccc maybe by getting flyers done putting them at hobby shops and maybe dropping them off at a few other car places or even car clubs and killarney when they have a busy weekend of racing!!!!

The more members we have the less it will affect us if five or six members do not show up for the evening.

There were so many guys racing way back when we need to get new guys with a passion for the hobby involved at the club again cheers
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Shagman on Fri 21 Sep - 16:19

As a non member, my experience is to the contrary. Stock nights are jam packed but then again I only race stocks hey. Cant it be maybe that theres a lack of interest in other classes???

Im glad you brought up the saturday racing question which I have been begging for for ages. So whenever you guys wanna do those fun races, Im in afro Few years back Trccc used to keep a Dreamers Series on saturdays which attracted big audiences and this was well supported by club members and actually brought allot of new racers to trccc. Hope u guys really consider this
The Shagman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mattsgraphix on Fri 21 Sep - 16:36

Alot of the guys currently part of the club have just invested big bucks on 13.5 systems and pro cars for pro gt alone.

Last race we had about 9 guys in pro gt this week only 3 guys rocked up one guy out of the three runs pro gt Sad
mattsgraphix
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Fri 21 Sep - 18:08

HEY GUYS
I THINKS BECAUSE OF THE BAD WEATHER YESTERDAY, MANY GUYS WEREN'T TOO SURE OF RACING

I THINK FLYERS ARE A REALLY GOOD IDEA, BUT WE NEED TO HAVE 1 BIG EVENT TOO PROMOTE ON THOSE FLYERS, LIKE A BIG STOCKS EVENT, WITH MAYBE A DRIFT TRACK, TO ATTRACT SOME DRIFT GUYS TO PUT SOME RUBBER ON THEIR TT'S AND GET THE FEEL FOR SOME TIGHT RACING, MAYBE THEY'LL LIKE Question ,

I ALSO THINK IF OLD MEMBERS OF TRCCC WOULD SUPPORT THE CLUB AT THIS BIG EVENT, IT WILL MAKE MORE PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THIS HOBBY, DUE TO ITS BIG TURNOUT

WE CAN HOST IT ON A HOT SUMMERS SATURDAY, MAYBE SELL SOME BOERE ROLLS AND RAISE FUNDS TOWARDS THE CLUB, OR JUST HAVE A FUN BRAAI FOR ALL THE MEMBERS FROM THE CLUB

LETS DO WHAT EVER WE CAN TO SUPPORT THIS CLUB GUY'S,
cheers cheers cheers

SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 21 Sep - 21:33

All good ideas guys to market the club, but if we have min guys entering for race nights what are we promoting?? scratch A handfull of guys playing with cars between pieces of broken plank that starts round 8:30 if we lucky?? confused We need to first of all step it up a notch to make it inviting jocolor , cause if it's not inviting how are we going to get a guy to dig into his pocket for R2k to come play with us?? affraid

Right, most of you got my sms last night, yes? Well here's our chance to go big!!

We have been given what seems like quite a huge piece of ground/parking lot or whatever it is to go promote our hobby. There is also a tennis court right next to it which hasn't been earmarked for a stall so we could even use that. I had a long chat with Cisco last night to get them involved as well cause we wont be able to spend 3 days out there doing our thing. He suggested they take the Saturday and do drifting and we take the Sunday and have an informal race day so we can have time to talk and promote our hobby to those who are interested. We need to be able to interact and discuss/entice onlookers into our hobby and we can't do this by running a full on race day, so here are my thoughts.

We go early Sunday morning, say 7am'ish( no not hamish, Laughing ), set up a nice flowing track that will promote good clean racing. Set up our timing equipment, our pits, etc. Have a few practice laps before their gates open at 9am and start off with a bang with cars on track ready to race as the people are entering the stadium. Oh, for those that weren't there last night, our area is right next to the entrance, so people have to pass us before they see anything else.

The format to best suite interaction with onlookers would be to run say 4 or 5 classes, not 13.5 or pro mini or clubstock. We need classes where it's going to be super tight so they can see real competition like 1:1 cars race and that can only be achieved with similarly spec'd chassis/classes, all agree? Yes!! Laughing

We run maybe two rounds, maybe even one round with 6 or 7 min heats?? Then we break for about 30 - 45 mins depending on the crowd interaction we get, play a bit of music so it's not too boring inbetween?? Then we start the next round and again have a break. This we can repeat all day culminating in a final at the end of the day which we could maybe get promoted on the huge PA systems around the grounds so we can attract huge crowds to watch our finals??? Hey, I'm on a roll here!!!! bounce Laughing

We can ask the hobby shops for their banners to promote themselves, maybe even get them to setup a display or something?? We can get the clubs to also all display a club banner so the people can see there's more than one club in CT. I'm sure Ty or Matt could print us a few brand banners as well to make it a bit colourful??

But first.......we NEED decent batons!!!!! We can't promote our hobby with our now very ageing batons, we'll look second rate and wont attract many newbies. Our trailer might need a lick of paint too so it looks good, not all rusted. You all know or have heard me talking about going the downpiping route to replace the batons, maybe we could get it sponsored for this event? Does anybody have a contact, know a builder, Hamish comes to mind, Laughing Laughing , Scooby too!!! Laughing Laughing We must be able to get some sort of sponsorship to donate us some down pipes in exchange for a banner for them saying they generously donated the goods??? Will be good exposure for them at an expo like this!!! Myself and Hamish were chatting the other day about these down pipes and he recons they're about R50 bucks a length, how long is a length???? Dunno, but we'll need about 200m worth with joints, that'll be T joints and straight joints/links whatever they're called. So we'll probably be looking for about a R3k donation to buy this if the lengths are 4m each, plus fittings. That isn't alot chaps!!! The club unfortunately doesn't have it as racing has been quiet. So if anyone has a contact willing to part with about R3k to promote/adverstise their company, please let us know so we can follow up on it.

All this being said and done, it still leaves us with one aspect, and that's commitment from ALL our members to attend the event, and race, and be willing to promote our hobby to the onlookers, and to behave themselves on the driverstand. It can't work if only a handfull of guys pitch up. We can also invite the parow guys to come join us to promote their club as well, afterall, we need as far a reach an area to attract guys from all over CT to grow our hobby, not just the southern subs.

I also want to speak to James to maybe get the offroad guys to promote their discipline too, the more the merrier.

Fluit fluit my story is uit!! So who's in?? Very Happy Very Happy
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 21 Sep - 21:49

Here's the letter for the expo:

Helderberg Wheels & Outdoor Expo / 30 Nov – 2 Dec 2012

We hereby invite your company to exhibit your product at the above prestigious annual event starting 2012.This year various exhibitors will take part in a static display with new Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles and Cycles, Customized Cars, Racing Cars, Classic Cars, Street Rods, Extreme 4x4, Car Audio & Sound, Overland Expeditions & Adventure, Leisure, Caravan & Camping and 4 Wheel Drive Products and Services.
There will be a Beer Garden with a variety of Artist performing, Food and Beverages, Fun Park Rides and Craft Market. Their will also be a Remote Control Car Race Track, Car Sound Competition, Bikers Charity Run, Braai Championships & Wine Tasting.
Venue:
Charles Morkel Stadium - Strand
Time:
Friday Nov 30 - 2012 from 12H00 pm – 24H00
Saturday December 1st - 2012 from 9am – 24H00
Sunday December 2 – 2012 from 9 am – till 17H00
Entrance:
Adults: R 40.00
Children: R 20.00
Children under 6 years of age – free

Should you wish to book a stand, please contact Marinda to confirm if the stand you wish to book is still available?

Thanks and kind regards,

HWO-EXPO MANAGEMENT
Tel: 021 854 5434
Fax: 086 669 2031
Email: info@bigboxevents.co.za

They will also be setting up a website in the next week or so and we'll get our club website links on it so people can see what we're about before they get there.
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Sat 22 Sep - 0:50

I think our existing batons need some rehab !!! Maybe one Saturday we can arrange a gathering ?????? We could use my factory if it helps ???

batons need ??

To be sorted and the rotten,stuffed ones thrown away !!!!
The salvageable ones screwed back to together/ shortended and redrilled .
New locating pins
Repaint

So we just need some paint !!! I don't see the red so well on the court surface !!! So maybe just Yellow ??? I'll sponsor some paint . So they will all be yellow ??????????????

What paint did you use last time KEV ???

duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sat 22 Sep - 1:42

I think that's a good starting point duck, at least we can improve on what we currently have for race nights and work towards some downpipes for the expo which is 2 months away. Thanks for the offer of donating the paint, yellow is good!!
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Thu 27 Sep - 12:37

I THINK WE NEED SOME MORE FLOODLIGHTS ASWELL, Shocked
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Thu 27 Sep - 16:11

I'll borrow you my glasses!! Laughing
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Fri 28 Sep - 14:24

HAHAHAHAHA

SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 28 Sep - 20:20

Cool Cool
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Fri 28 Sep - 21:36

Sam.......have you got a response from any members for this expo.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 28 Sep - 21:38

They all sounded keen, nothing set in stone.....you know how it goes??
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Fri 28 Sep - 21:39

Yip..just thought it will look a bit dof at a huge expo with just a few.

Have you confirmed that TRCCC will be there?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 28 Sep - 21:41

I have spoken to Colin and said the guys were interested, I also said the drift guys were interested in doing their thing. Haven't had a response to my mail yet.
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Fri 28 Sep - 21:42

Cool....

Is this out in Strand?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 28 Sep - 21:43

Yip.

I suggested to him that the drift guys do Saturday and we do Sunday.
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Fri 28 Sep - 21:45

Cisco and them keen?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 28 Sep - 21:46

Yip very.
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Fri 28 Sep - 21:48

And are the guys keen for the joint Rooikrans open day?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 28 Sep - 21:53

Rooikrans???? Where's that??
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Fri 28 Sep - 21:54

Sp(x3)C's.....duh.......lol

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Shagman on Fri 28 Sep - 22:51

lol! Sprccc has posted all the details on oneten so it looks like it will be off the chain
The Shagman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum