Formula 1 News

Go down

Formula 1 News

Post  driver 101 on Thu 4 Oct - 16:33

Michael Schumacher will retire from F1 at the end of the season after Mercedes sign Lewis Hamilton from McLaren
Michael Schumacher will retire from Formula One for the second time at the end of the season.

Farwell: Michael Schumacher will retire from F1 at the end of the season Photo: REUTERS

By Telegraph Sport9:08AM BST 04 Oct 2012
Schumacher's seat at Mercedes will be taken by McLaren's Lewis Hamilton in 2013, and with a dearth of other options available to him he has opted to quit the sport at the age of 43.
He said: "I have decided to retire at the end of the season. I still feel I am capable of competing against the best but the time sometimes comes to say goodbye and this time it might be forever."
He added: "I had been thinking about whether I had the necessary motivation to carry on but I do not want to do something I am not 100 per cent committed to. Having made the decision I now feel a release."
Schumacher's first stint in F1, between 1991 and 2006 saw him rewrite the sport's record books, winning seven world titles and 91 races.
He will be best remembered for helping to revive Ferrari's fortunes after joining the Prancing Horse in 1996 as part of the 'Dream Team' along with Ross Brawn, Jean Todt, Rory Byrne and Paolo Martinelli, winning five straight titles between 2000 and 2004.

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/9586052/Michael-Schumacher-will-retire-from-F1-at-the-end-of-the-season-after-Mercedes-sign-Lewis-Hamilton-from-McLaren.html

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Formula 1 News

Post  SammyD on Thu 4 Oct - 20:43

Schumi you beaut!!!! cheers Merc didn't have what it took to make him victorious, and with the big names not at Ferrari anymore, what's the point? Rolling Eyes
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum