TRCCC @ Helderberg Wheels and Outdoor Expo 2 December

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TRCCC @ Helderberg Wheels and Outdoor Expo 2 December

Post  SammyD on Thu 4 Oct - 22:05

Howzit

I had a long chat with the guy from the expo last nite and he is very eager to get us confirmed in their lineup for the expo. So I said we will be there, in force!!! Very Happy I hope I haven't hung myself by the nuts Embarassed by doing this, or putting the clubs name at risk?

So please make an effort to attend for the whole day on the 2 December, I'm counting on you guys to make this a success and get our name out there, it can only help us as a club and also the hobby in the bigger picture. cheers I have asked Cassiem to tell his guys about it so they can maybe join us?? I need to still confirm with Cisco for them for the Saturday, but they were super keen. So those wanting to drift on the Saturday can also do that. I have also asked Marius for banners to put up and he said no problem I can collect them a few days before the time. I have also spoken to Kimaal this afternoon to see if he wants to setup shop over that weekend. He was keen and will get back to me.

They are launching a website next week and there will be links to both our web addies, so please keep it clean and positive and lets promote our day out there to the max.

We'll also have to get cracking on our batton maintenance before then, any ideas when we can all get together at ducks' warehouse? Thanks duck. cheers

Classes to run? Here's my suggestions - TT01 stock, 2wd mini, 23t GT, F1, FF's. What you guys think?

SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TRCCC @ Helderberg Wheels and Outdoor Expo 2 December

Post  JEROSPEED on Fri 5 Oct - 3:29

Great work Sam ! Count Team Thorpe in bro !classes sound cooll too just have to confirm so we have enuf cars in every claSs Very Happy
JEROSPEED
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Fri 5 Oct - 10:28

Good job Sam!

I will try my best to make it. Its the weekend after TC. So its going to be tough for me. Will try my best.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 5 Oct - 11:36

Bring the wife and kids along, there's a kiddies play park too that can keep them busy. Very Happy
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Fri 5 Oct - 11:41

Good idea!

What time will it start?
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 5 Oct - 12:09

We'll be there early to setup, I think gates open at 8:30 or 9ish.
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Fri 5 Oct - 14:34

IS THIS A CAR SHOW Question
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 5 Oct - 19:31

lol! lol! lol! lol! No, it's called a "wheels expo" cause there aint any cars there!!!! lol! lol! lol!
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JEROSPEED on Fri 5 Oct - 22:49

lol! lol! lol! Does this mean I'm a profesional? lol!
JEROSPEED
Tokai Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sat 6 Oct - 1:39

Like your mamma said, you can be anything you wanna be!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sat 6 Oct - 1:45

I've had a suggestion to drop GT and rather run club stock...what you guys think?

Also, can we start thinking about a date to do some baton maintenance? We've got a busy end of year with all these rc comps etc, before we know it the expo will be here and we wouldn't have sorted out the batons.
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sat 6 Oct - 22:12

Feels like I'm talking to myself here scratch Rolling Eyes , but anyway here goes....... Very Happy

I had another phonecall from the organiser today, and he had good news in that they'll be able to give us R3k for our exhibition that we're going to put on!!! cheers cheers cheers They are also going to give us 60 bails of hay to cordon off our area so the spectators can sit and watch and also to keep them at arms length away from the track so they don't get injured by one of our "flying projectiles". Laughing Laughing

So guys, we REALLY need to look the part come our turn on the Sunday, that means EVERYBODY who can put a car down or lend a hand on the day will be really appreciated by everyone in the club, as this needs to be a united club effort. We also don't want the doriftos to put us to shame with their exhibition, cause we know how they can show off with their shiny blinged out cars. We must also wear our black trccc tshirts to show off a bit. Thinking of that, I'm sure the drift okes will all be wearing their respective club tshirts too.

Ty, can you make some tshirts if needed? Thanks bud!! Laughing

Please tell all your rc friends that aren't active to come join us, even if they just setup a table for show 'n shine as that always attracts onlookers. Cool Cool
I'm also waiting for some feedback re the baton maintenance from you guys???? Dates???? Sleep

C'mon chaps, wake up and smell the coffee, this is a chance that doesn't come along very often, and we're getting paid for doing it. So get those fingers typing and post something already!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Sun 7 Oct - 10:03

That's awesome news sam!!!!! I will definitly make an effort to be there!

I have a suggestion: tuesday night has come upon us so quickly, I don't think we will have time to clean sprccc track before then so we can use it. So why don't we move our racing up one week and keep this "open slot" for a "batten maintence" night when we have everything together and ready to repair the track......?
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Sun 7 Oct - 10:10

I thought about that as well yesterday when I was typing the above post, but there's never any feedback when the going gets tough so dismissed the idea. But ja, I think it's a good plan. We could even do the batons this week. I'm off Tuesday so can go grap supplies to do the job.
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Tue 9 Oct - 11:30

Eish.......I got some pics of the area allocated to us yesterday and it doesn't look good???? I'm going to have to go down there and find a suitable place for us to setup and race on........and if they don't have another spot well then I dunno, we might have to do an offroad display then?? Crying or Very sad
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHAFIEK'O on Tue 9 Oct - 14:09

SammyD wrote: lol! lol! lol! lol! No, it's called a "wheels expo" cause there aint any cars there!!!! lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol!
I MIGHT BE INDIAN, BUT I DO HAVE A LITTLE BLONDE IN ME,

IS THE SURFACE REALLY THAT BAD
SHAFIEK'O
Tokai Front Runner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Tue 9 Oct - 14:52

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Simple answer, yes.....
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Wed 24 Oct - 23:55

Some good news!!! Colin phoned me this evening to confirm that we've been given a tennis court to use for the expo!!! cheers cheers

There was a tennis tournament planned for the same weekend as the expo, but their chairman said it had to be moved to another venue due to the expo which has freed up the courts for us to use. They'll be having a meeting in two weeks to discuss it further and to confirm the fact that we'll have access to a court.

So it's on like a scone!!!!! cheers cheers Can I assume that we can use the rope to do this expo instead of the battons?? Any opposers? We can then use the R3k to help with a drivers stand at protea instead of fixing the battons!! I'm so chuffed they organised the court for us, that R3k is just the boost we need after a very quiet winter period!!

So please keep the 2 Dec blocked off for the expo, we need as many guys to attend as possible so it's not a flop, it'll be full day event with breaks between rounds/heats culminating in a final round at about 3:30 - 4pm to end off the day.

Is everybody still cool with the classes being - TT01 stock, 2wd mini, 23t GT, F1, FF's?

They've launched a website for the expo where our web addies will be displayed as links as well as our club logo/banner as soon as Ty returns my call.....hint hint!!! Laughing
http://www.hwo-expo.co.za/Entertainment/Other.aspx

That reminds me, does anybody have cisco's email addy?
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Thu 25 Oct - 20:41

Sam......not sure about the rope dude, its so kak heavy, you will probably ride a tank of fuel out taking it there and then still have to do a fire fighting course to know how to pull and place the thing, not easy. Also its our permanent track now, we should just leave it as is.

Why dont you just take a lot of ties, do the best we can with what we have, it will still look good.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duck.co.za on Thu 25 Oct - 22:04

Sorry guys I said I would help with a bit of battern rehab !!! I've just been to busy , that time of year ??
duck.co.za
Tokai Top Club Racer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 26 Oct - 1:00

With the lack of enthusiasm wrt this expo, I wonder if we shouldn't just can the whole thing? I'm sure cisco's crowd could also do with the dosh, maybe they should run with it?

Can we have a show of hands who is definately going to be there?
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Fri 26 Oct - 10:26

It will be awesome exposure for the club sam. Thanks so much for all you done so far. The club can do with the cash for the driver stand. The problem we have here is that there is only a few members who are active on the forum. So don't get discouraged buddy. But I do think we must discuss this matter this sunday when majority of our members are present and come up with a final desicion in regards to this and who will support it. Its worth it for the exposure and the bucks.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  driver 101 on Fri 26 Oct - 10:40

Thats right, if the club gets paid for this then its a no brainer, we go for the day and walk away with funding to start our stand.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SammyD on Fri 26 Oct - 11:32

Can you maybe on your whatsapp group ask for a show of hands for the expo then? To discuss it at drivers briefing is useless cause there are always latecomers and the racing has ussually just about underway at that time....

@skillz - it's not discouraged, it's frustration!! Laughing
SammyD
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Fri 26 Oct - 11:44

Today is Eid so I the the chat room will be qieut today.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next