Tamiya TT-01 Hop-Ups

Go down

Tamiya TT-01 Hop-Ups

Post  Controversy on Fri 6 Dec - 11:11

Looks like I'll be a proud owner of a TT-01 very soon.

It will be a box stock TT-01R Type-E and was looking for advice on best hop-ups to increase overall durability of the chassis and drive train components.

Chassis comes with a full set of ball bearings, aluminium propeller shaft and joints just to name a few.

I've done some research on forums, but I have only come across mixed and biased opinions. Here's a short list of what I feel could be a worth while investment.

Hop-Ups: (Durability)

TT-01 Metal Motor Mount (Item #53666)
TT-01 Carbon Upper Frame (Item #53672)

Hop-Ups: (Tuning)

On-Road Tuned Hard Springs - Mica Black Soft/Med/Hard/XHard (Item #84324)

Hop-Ups: (Bling)

TRF Special Damper Set - Hard Black Coating (Item #42102)

That's about all I can think of for now. If there's anything I have left out, please leave a comment and I'll add it to the list.

Then of course there's breakage. What are the most common parts to break during a collision or impact with another car or track furniture? Suspension arms, shock towers and bumpers etc.

Last edited by Controversy on Tue 10 Dec - 16:00; edited 1 time in total

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tamiya TT-01 Hop-Ups

Post  skillz on Sun 8 Dec - 23:26

Hey bud

Congrats.

I personally think u got the best available TT01 kit cause it's the R (racing) type and the E type which comes with the harder plastic material on the front hubs and diff cover. And it comes with the E type upper frame so there is no need for the carbon fibre upper frame. The E type is also nice cause the steering system is also upgraded to the ball bearings so u don't need the fancy alli steering arms and steering link cause the E type one is perfect.

Trf shocks is nice but it's not a must to be competitive.

The parts u may want to get is rear 2degree toe hubs....if the kit does not come with it.

I would keep the following spares:

55spur
25pinion
Front hubs
And
Diff covers

That's all that MIGHT break....

Hop it helps bud.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  Controversy on Mon 9 Dec - 11:30

Thanks and appreciate the useful information bud.

From the research I have done so far on the kit, I am aware that there are different versions of the TT-01 chassis. R (Racing), E (Enhanced) and D (Drift). The TT-01D build I assisted, I noticed a fair amount of slop in the steering components. Car still drove a straight line, but it was somewhat of a concern for me.

As you say, the TT-01R Type-E chassis comes with ball raced steering components which is something I noticed from Google Images. Steering straight and predictably is important of course.

I have downloaded the manual for the chassis and have had several reads of it already.

Will look more closely at the manual to see if the 'rear 2 degree toe hubs' come standard. If not, I'll add that to the list of 'optional parts' that I will need to get.

25/55 is max gearing for the TT01 class, so I'll invest in some spare pinions and spur gears. (Would the TT-01 Metal Motor Mount (Item #53666) not increase lifespan due to less flex as well as assist in heat dissipation of the motor?)

Might spoil myself with a little carbon... and for the front hubs and diff covers I would order TT-01 A Parts - Upright (Item #51002)?

Thanks again for the useful information.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Mon 9 Dec - 11:38

Hey bud

Yes alli motor mount is good investment.

I would rather buy the TTO1 Type E bag think it's the E parts bag that comes with a reinforced spare hub and diff cover.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  Controversy on Mon 9 Dec - 14:04

To answer the question whether or not the TT-01R Type-E kit comes with rear 2 degree toe hubs:

Will also look into the parts bag you suggested. The motor mount is definitely on my to-get-list, like having a solid and sturdy drivetrain.

It's Tuesday tomorrow!

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Mon 9 Dec - 14:17

Cool! Awesome bud!!!!
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  Controversy on Mon 9 Dec - 16:36

One other question regarding batteries for the TT-01. Will the chassis accept standard hard case LiPo packs without any modification?

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Mon 9 Dec - 17:54

Yes bud. But u won't use the battery brace. U can strap it in with tape. I will show u mine tomorrow night.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  Controversy on Mon 9 Dec - 18:56

That would be awesome!

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  Controversy on Mon 9 Dec - 19:03

Had a thought and another question. Do you not get LiPo packs in the shape of 6 cell NiMH stick packs?

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  skillz on Mon 9 Dec - 19:05

Hey bud
Yes u do. 
Speed modles sells them and they r used in the mo3/5 and f1 cars too. Fits perfect In a tt01.
Will show u tomorrow night.
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:

Post  Controversy on Mon 9 Dec - 19:12

Cool thanks!

Will leave any other questions for tomorrow evening.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down