Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Go down

Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 10:14

Thought I would start a thread where people can suggest what they would like to see at future Thursday evening races or at the track in general.

I have a small suggestion in hopes that others may feel the same way, starting the racing/qualifying at 08:00 PM and not 08:30 PM or later?

Just an idea.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 10:18

Another small suggestion in hopes to get more racers to join as members.

On receiving payment of ones' club membership fee; one gets a track key (already implemented) plus one (1) free race entry and a reduced race fee?

Anyone else feel that this might be of any interest?

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 11:11

Controversy wrote:Thought I would start a thread where people can suggest what they would like to see at future Thursday evening races or at the track in general.

I have a small suggestion in hopes that others may feel the same way, starting the racing/qualifying at 08:00 PM and not 08:30 PM or later?

Just an idea.

Good topic discussion...

Time issue is always brought up and we do try and start at 8pm....

Last week was a really busy night for me. I had to do the entries into the pc and it was the start of a new class at trccc, 1/12th pan, so I had to make sure all drivers were up and running and cars were working. 

I too had a new 12th I was driving and thankfully it was all sorted Smile

I know I did hold up everyone a few times in between heats due to the fact that I had to help others then get my self ready. I apologise for that....

If entries increase in 10th pan and 12th pan then we must look at running a 4th race night....
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 11:23

Controversy wrote:Another small suggestion in hopes to get more racers to join as members.

On receiving payment of ones' club membership fee; one gets a track key (already implemented) plus one (1) free race entry and a reduced race fee?

Anyone else feel that this might be of any interest?

I do hear where u coming from and cost is always an issue and that is why trccc has always tried to keep members costs low as possible.... 

Trccc is a small club and only charges R100 for yearly membership fees... Other clubs in Cape Town are much more...
So if we have to also cut a key for each member that would be another R30 for a key....

Trccc race fees are also very cheap...R30 for first class and R25 for second or 3rd class...

I know it cost me close to R150 for 3 classes I entered at another club not too long ago....

Also bear in mind... Now that trccc has more of a "permanent" venue, it means grass maintenance and track maintenance....
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 11:24

Controversy wrote:Another small suggestion in hopes to get more racers to join as members.

On receiving payment of ones' club membership fee; one gets a track key (already implemented) plus one (1) free race entry and a reduced race fee?

Anyone else feel that this might be of any interest?

I do hear where u coming from and cost is always an issue and that is why trccc has always tried to keep members costs low as possible.... 

Trccc is a small club and only charges R100 for yearly membership fees... Other clubs in Cape Town are much more...
So if we have to also cut a key for each member that would be another R30 for a key....

Trccc race fees are also very cheap...R30 for first class and R25 for second or 3rd class...

I know it cost me close to R150 for 3 classes I entered at another club not too long ago....

Also bear in mind... Now that trccc has more of a "permanent" venue, it means grass maintenance and track maintenance....
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 11:29

Suggestion from me Smile

If anyone has an Idea we can use for a rubbish bin at the track?

One that will not grow feet and walk Smile

Or

Can we please clean up before we leave???

Lots of monster cans lying around Smile
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Jupman on Wed 5 Feb - 12:11

Controversy wrote:Thought I would start a thread where people can suggest what they would like to see at future Thursday evening races or at the track in general.

I have a small suggestion in hopes that others may feel the same way, starting the racing/qualifying at 08:00 PM and not 08:30 PM or later?

Just an idea.

20:00 is the supposed start time.  However, to get racing by that time everyone needs to pull their weight regarding setup of lights etc.
Too many guys are spannering between 19:00 & 20:00 and too busy to help with the lights.

_________________
Racing in : Stock TT; Club Stock; Mini 2wd; GT; FWD; 1/12th Pan

Own : TT01E; M03L; TA05v2 IFS; FF03; TA05V2; Schumacher Supastox Pan; Tamiya Nitrage 5.2cc

Jupman
TRCCC Forum Moderator

Posts : 110
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 41
Location : Capri, Cape Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Jupman on Wed 5 Feb - 12:16

Controversy wrote:Another small suggestion in hopes to get more racers to join as members.

On receiving payment of ones' club membership fee; one gets a track key (already implemented) plus one (1) free race entry and a reduced race fee?

Anyone else feel that this might be of any interest?

Sorry, I don't agree here at all.  Our race fees and membership fees are already too low in my opinion.  If there was no drivers stand or no decent lighting then I would be keen for reduced fees.  In fact, in light of the improved facilities we should have increased fees - but we decided that this year is a year of consolidation and member growth.  Hopefully members can see the value of paying race fees and membership fees.

The club has spent big money on the drivers stand and 4 new LED floodlights over the last year and money is still owing to members for those.

Also, we need money coming in so that we can start improving the track (which was started yesterday) and to purchase more lights (at least 4 more) and to move the fence to behind the drivers stand.

_________________
Racing in : Stock TT; Club Stock; Mini 2wd; GT; FWD; 1/12th Pan

Own : TT01E; M03L; TA05v2 IFS; FF03; TA05V2; Schumacher Supastox Pan; Tamiya Nitrage 5.2cc

Jupman
TRCCC Forum Moderator

Posts : 110
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 41
Location : Capri, Cape Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Jupman on Wed 5 Feb - 12:17

skillz wrote:Suggestion from me Smile

If anyone has an Idea we can use for a rubbish bin at the track?

One that will not grow feet and walk Smile

Or

Can we please clean up before we leave???

Lots of monster cans lying around Smile

We definitely need to make a plan to get a bin - that gets locked up inside at the end of the evening.

A cleanup would be a good start.....before we start getting heat from Protea Sports Club.

_________________
Racing in : Stock TT; Club Stock; Mini 2wd; GT; FWD; 1/12th Pan

Own : TT01E; M03L; TA05v2 IFS; FF03; TA05V2; Schumacher Supastox Pan; Tamiya Nitrage 5.2cc

Jupman
TRCCC Forum Moderator

Posts : 110
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 41
Location : Capri, Cape Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 16:43

skillz wrote:
Good topic discussion...

Time issue is always brought up and we do try and start at 8pm....

Last week was a really busy night for me. I had to do the entries into the pc and it was the start of a new class at trccc, 1/12th pan, so I had to make sure all drivers were up and running and cars were working. 

I too had a new 12th I was driving and thankfully it was all sorted Smile

I know I did hold up everyone a few times in between heats due to the fact that I had to help others then get my self ready. I apologise for that....

If entries increase in 10th pan and 12th pan then we must look at running a 4th race night....
Thanks for your input Neville.

Please note I was not pointing any fingers and was not looking to blame anyone either.

I do know that things got hectic last week, so I do understand why things might have been a little bit behind - I'm just saying that the general attitude to actually start racing at 08:00 PM is somewhat ignored by race participants and/or not reinforced enough by club members on race nights.

This is only my insight, but thought it would be nice to have things underway as advertised.

(Am I coming across as a bitter old man, if so, please kick me the next time we cross paths.)


Last edited by Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 16:54; edited 2 times in total

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 16:53

skillz wrote:
I do hear where u coming from and cost is always an issue and that is why trccc has always tried to keep members costs low as possible.... 

Trccc is a small club and only charges R100 for yearly membership fees... Other clubs in Cape Town are much more...
So if we have to also cut a key for each member that would be another R30 for a key....

Trccc race fees are also very cheap...R30 for first class and R25 for second or 3rd class...

I know it cost me close to R150 for 3 classes I entered at another club not too long ago....

Also bear in mind... Now that trccc has more of a "permanent" venue, it means grass maintenance and track maintenance....

Not at all complaining about the annual membership fee and race fees. I feel it's actually very reasonable, what I was trying to suggest is ways of getting more permanent members which will help benefit the club financially by introducing more benefits/perks of some kind.

I really do feel that the club is situated in a good location and has huge potential. It would be nice to see the hobby/sport become recognized as a safe and enjoyable way to spend ones' evening at a more professional level. (Maybe I have been watching too much RC Racing TV.)


Last edited by Controversy on Mon 5 May - 13:35; edited 1 time in total

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 16:57

skillz wrote:Suggestion from me Smile

If anyone has an Idea we can use for a rubbish bin at the track?

One that will not grow feet and walk Smile

Or

Can we please clean up before we leave???

Lots of monster cans lying around Smile

If everyone was responsible for their own rubbish, it wouldn't be a problem.

Cleaning up before we leave suits me fine, I took your advice and put the empty bottle someone finished back into their car without them knowing - no names mentioned.

Chaining a bin to a fence post might work?

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 17:02

Jupman wrote:
20:00 is the supposed start time.  However, to get racing by that time everyone needs to pull their weight regarding setup of lights etc.
Too many guys are spannering between 19:00 & 20:00 and too busy to help with the lights.

Please put me to work if I am at the track on a race evening. (Apparently I am a club member now?)

Oke's should be spannering on the weekend... no need to discuss this one further. (Don't have time, wake up earlier?)

I usually come early to reposition ropes and tires and remove any large debris that may cause damage to a car or allow it to crash-out.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 17:16

Jupman wrote:
Sorry, I don't agree here at all.  Our race fees and membership fees are already too low in my opinion.  If there was no drivers stand or no decent lighting then I would be keen for reduced fees.  In fact, in light of the improved facilities we should have increased fees - but we decided that this year is a year of consolidation and member growth.  Hopefully members can see the value of paying race fees and membership fees.

The club has spent big money on the drivers stand and 4 new LED floodlights over the last year and money is still owing to members for those.

Also, we need money coming in so that we can start improving the track (which was started yesterday) and to purchase more lights (at least 4 more) and to move the fence to behind the drivers stand.

I don't believe I said that club fees are too high, what I was saying was:

Finding ways for racers to join as members due to available perks. There will be more money coming in from membership fees and potentially more attendance to races because of reduced fees. Even if it's R5.00 less (people fall for this stuff). I'm just trying to get more active/consistent members/racers to participate on Thursday race evenings.

From what I remember from last year, after September it got very quiet with only you, Chris, Matt, Neville, Terry, Josh and Kevin attending. So I'm just trying to get a bigger base for 2014 with marketing tactics/strategies.

All beneficial to the club if I am not mistaken.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 17:26

Some suggestions with regards to being marshalled.

If you crash and end up off the actual racing circuit, please could you 'wait' to be marshalled and do not try bash your way back onto the racing circuit again. (You made a mistake, deal with it or don't make a mistake in the future.)

One more with similar regards. If you have crashed and are being marshalled, please don't rev/spin wheels while the car is in the marshals hand and at least give the marshal a second or two to remove their hand from your car before you pull off again.

This requires no money but only the discipline of the driver at the transmitter.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Jupman on Wed 5 Feb - 19:19

Controversy wrote:
Jupman wrote:
Sorry, I don't agree here at all.  Our race fees and membership fees are already too low in my opinion.  If there was no drivers stand or no decent lighting then I would be keen for reduced fees.  In fact, in light of the improved facilities we should have increased fees - but we decided that this year is a year of consolidation and member growth.  Hopefully members can see the value of paying race fees and membership fees.

The club has spent big money on the drivers stand and 4 new LED floodlights over the last year and money is still owing to members for those.

Also, we need money coming in so that we can start improving the track (which was started yesterday) and to purchase more lights (at least 4 more) and to move the fence to behind the drivers stand.

I don't believe I said that club fees are too high, what I was saying was:

Finding ways for racers to join as members due to available perks. There will be more money coming in from membership fees and potentially more attendance to races because of reduced fees. Even if it's R5.00 less (people fall for this stuff). I'm just trying to get more active/consistent members/racers to participate on Thursday race evenings.

From what I remember from last year, after September it got very quiet with only you, Chris, Matt, Neville, Terry, Josh and Kevin attending. So I'm just trying to get a bigger base for 2014 with marketing tactics/strategies.

All beneficial to the club if I am not mistaken.

I will confirm with Kevin or Neville, but as far as I know Guests pay R40 per class to race, where us members pay R30.

_________________
Racing in : Stock TT; Club Stock; Mini 2wd; GT; FWD; 1/12th Pan

Own : TT01E; M03L; TA05v2 IFS; FF03; TA05V2; Schumacher Supastox Pan; Tamiya Nitrage 5.2cc

Jupman
TRCCC Forum Moderator

Posts : 110
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 41
Location : Capri, Cape Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 20:36

Jupman wrote:
I will confirm with Kevin or Neville, but as far as I know Guests pay R40 per class to race, where us members pay R30.

Personally I have no interest in a reduced rate. I have enough money to pay whatever the race fees are. I am only making suggestions on how to get more racers to join as members and for them to come more consistently/regularly.

I don't suppose you know who the current 'paid up' members are for 2014?

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 21:55

Controversy wrote:Some suggestions with regards to being marshalled.

If you crash and end up off the actual racing circuit, please could you 'wait' to be marshalled and do not try bash your way back onto the racing circuit again. (You made a mistake, deal with it or don't make a mistake in the future.)

One more with similar regards. If you have crashed and are being marshalled, please don't rev/spin wheels while the car is in the marshals hand and at least give the marshal a second or two to remove their hand from your car before you pull off again.

This requires no money but only the discipline of the driver at the transmitter.

I fully agree with u...
I will mention it at next drivers briefing.
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 22:35

Controversy wrote:
Jupman wrote:
I will confirm with Kevin or Neville, but as far as I know Guests pay R40 per class to race, where us members pay R30.

Personally I have no interest in a reduced rate. I have enough money to pay whatever the race fees are. I am only making suggestions on how to get more racers to join as members and for them to come more consistently/regularly.

I don't suppose you know who the current 'paid up' members are for 2014?
I fully agree with u here as well.

I also feel club members should "score" if they members in terms of race fees therefore it would be better in a long run for a driver to become a member which will also benefit the club.
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 22:38

skillz wrote:
I fully agree with u...
I will mention it at next drivers briefing.

Thanks bud.

Just a few things I noticed while marshalling which I thought I would bring up.

Not a major issue, but it would be nice to see drivers having some consideration towards the marshals.

Even a small thank you at the end of a race would be appreciated or even during a race.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 22:46

skillz wrote:
I fully agree with u here as well.

I also feel club members should "score" if they members in terms of race fees therefore it would be better in a long run for a driver to become a member which will also benefit the club.

It may or may not work as intended, but no harm in giving it a go. I do believe you mentioned to me that your first race is free (so why not include it in a membership rather) and make membership fees R380.00 which includes a key. (I'd buy into that.)

Hanno will be joining us again tomorrow evening. I'll be bringing him a set of tires to use as his tires came off the wheels due to the wrong glue being used.

He has a Tamiya 540 sport tuned (black can) motor, but thought it would be possible for him to race but not for points maybe in the B-main if there is one?

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 23:02

Yes bud he can race

Thx bud for all u do and help out with at the club!!!
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Wed 5 Feb - 23:21

skillz wrote:Yes bud he can race

Thx bud for all u do and help out with at the club!!!
I'll bring his race fee as well just in case he doesn't know he's racing.

Hoping I can do more in the future, just let me know what else is needed and I'll see if I can help out.

SEE YOU TOMORROW!

All smiles and giggles from me!

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  skillz on Wed 5 Feb - 23:36

Cool bud 
Thx
See u tomorrow

 bounce
avatar
skillz
Tokai Club Champ

Posts : 776
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Controversy on Sun 9 Feb - 16:27

I'm in fear of getting my head bitten off for this one, but please here me out!

Firstly this one has nothing to do with regards to money, as I see it's a very sensitive subject.

Classes; due to the number of classes, each specific class is run once a month if I am not mistaken. Would it not be feasible to run the most populist class (Stock TT) twice a month? I am aware that the calendar has already been decided but this could be for the following season.

Your views would be greatly appreciated regarding this suggestion.

Controversy
Tokai Pole Sitter

Posts : 243
Join date : 2013-08-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions for 2014 at TRCCC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum